Here is the list of interesting posts I found in the past week
- An interesting post on home advantage and how it manifests itself into football stats by @FbPerspectives. The post also has a link to a detailed paper from 2009 on home advantage.
- Guardian Data blog has an interactive visualization of the Bolton – City game by @jburnmurdoch. The viz has a pitch map + a radial diagram that captures the pass direction and length.
- The man in the yellow shirt – an analysis of the refs by @PedroAfonso85
- An interactive visualization of the direction of a player’s passes by @alekseynp . Some of the outliers are very interesting.
- Momentum in Bolton – City game. by @SoccerStatistic . This is a different approach from the previous attempts on visualizing momentum using this data set.
I did not publish anything last week, although I did start writing. Hopefully I will publish something later this week.
If I missed any, please post them in the comments section or tweet them to me!