We had a great meeting this weekend to discuss how to move our community forward. We discussed some great ideas. As @MCFCGavinFleig pointed out on twitter, the next big announcements and steps forward will be public in late November/early December when the “CityAnalyticsCommunity” will be launched. Until then, keep blogging away with the data.
Here is a summary of the blog posts based on #MCFCAnalytics data.
- @MarkTaylor0 – How passing sequences create chances – the title is self-explanatory. Great post
- @JDewitt – Long passing in the Premiership – John looks at the long passing and its correlation to finishing position in the league table. Interesting post. A question that came up when I read this post is, how is correlation to points or goals scored instead of position in the league table?
- @TheWestStandO digs deeper into Fernando Torres’ struggles in front of goal last season
- @ChrisJLilley defines metrics and rates the attacking midfielders, central midfielders and the defensive midfielders of last season.
- @We_R_PL – Comparison of Top scorers in EPL
- @Hpstats – A better passing statistic this was posted in the comments of summary #4
- Fulham – opposition analysis by me
- @AlexThamks – a neat viz of Assists, chances created & key passes per formation + the best 11 for each formation using Tableau Public
- @Tomberthon – a visualization of the advanced data set and how to make sense out of it
- @MarchiMax has a refined version #Rstats code for parsing the F-24 XML
- @DannyPage has implemented a Ruby on rails code for importing the F-24 XML