It has been about a month since the basic MCFC data set has been released and it is great to see lots of people churning out stuff using both the basic and advanced data sets.
Based on the tweets with #MCFCAnalytics tag, there are quite a few peoples’ projects are in progress. Good luck to all of you. Make sure you share your project/blog links with the hashtag.
Some people are looking for partners and contributors to the projects they are working on. If you are interested, please keep a tab on the #MCFCAnalytics tab and get in touch with folks directly.
- @MarkTaylor0 – Analyzing the passes by comparing them to their expected pass completion rates using passes of James Milner in Bolton Vs. Manchester City from 2011-12 season.
- Mark also has post on how Man City and Bolton passed the ball
- @Jdewitt – How goals are scored in EPL
- @ChrisJLilley – Analyzing center-backs of the premier league
- @analysefooty (this blog!)Opposition analysis of Arsenal
- @DanJHarrington – a very interesting visualizations of passes using Vector diagrams in Tableau Public
- @MarchiMax – a visualization of where the ball is a few seconds before a shot is taken
- @Ongoalsscored – Visualization of the goalscorer’s body parts. Very neat!
If I missed any please post your links in the comments section.
Links to previous summaries
Feel free to tweet me or email me if you want to chat with me on something specific!